AT&T is the biggest telecom company in the US and they have millions of users. If you are one of the users, then you must know about the AT&T email service. If you’re not familiar with AT&T email, then you should read this.
AT&T email service is for people who are subscribed to their telecom services. A few years back, they merged their email operations with Yahoo. But, now, ATT users can use the att.net login page to access their accounts. If you are indeed a user of ATT email, then you should add it to the iPhone for constant access to the account.
Many people will now complain that they don’t know about the procedure to add an email in an iPhone. Don’t worry, my friends, I’m here for you and help you in adding the account on iPhone.
Let’s get started.
How to Set Up AT&T Email on iPhone?
The steps to configure AT&T email on an iPhone are not difficult, you can add it easily by following a few instructions. Just follow the instructions listed here and you will be good to go with an email account on iPhone.
READ: Improve Computer Speed
Add ATT Email to iPhone:
- First, you need to open the iPhone homepage and then look for the Settings icon and tap on it.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Passwords and Accounts and then tap on the Add Account.
- Now, you have to select an email service provider from the list. But the chances are AT&T is not listed, so select Others.
- And Now, tap on the Add Mail Account option and start entering the required information.
- You need to add your name (you can enter any name in the field), your email address, and then the password for the account.
- Now, you need to select the IMAP from the list for the account type and then enter the following details for the IMAP account.
- Incoming Mail Server – imap.mail.att.net
- Incoming Mail Port – 993
- Outgoing Mail Server – smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Mail port – 465
- First, you need to enter the incoming mail server details and then go to the Outgoing mail server details.
- Once, all the details are entered, tap on the Done button from the top right to save the account details.
- If the settings, username, and password combination is correct, then your account will be added.
However, sometimes users are not able to follow the correct steps and end up making some mistakes. This may lead to AT&T email not working on iPhone.
If that happens with your phone, then you should follow the instructions provided here.
- First, you need to check the internet connectivity issues. Check if your mobile network is working properly or not, if not, then connect to your mobile using Wi-Fi.
- Go to the App Store and update the mail app to leverage the latest technologies.
- And you should also check the settings for AT&T email. Go to the Accounts and Passwords page from the settings and see if the settings are correct as listed here. If there is an issue with the Settings, then you may need to remove the account and add it back again using the steps listed here.
So, this way you can add AT&T email on iPhone devices. However, if you are facing any issues along the way and not understanding the procedure, then you can call the customer support executives. Alternatively, you can log on to the Get Assist technology blog and read the matter thoroughly.