As we all know Facebook is the most popular social media platform among young people as well as our parents and their parents too. Due to this reason, Facebook can be a tough nut to crack when it comes to security breaches. Facebook has very tough security measures in terms of blocking users accounts whose he might think that he/she are indulged in spamming or some other suspicious activity.
Facebook has a lot on its plate too and it does everything it can for managing fake accounts, cyberstalking, and privacy invasion of privacy. Hence for the sake of security one might never know when your account is temporarily locked and once it feels that there is no dubious activity from your side, it might unlock the Facebook account itself. Here in this post, you will get to know some tips and tricks that can help you to recover your account faster.
How to know if your Facebook Account is Disabled?
If you are suspicious that your Facebook account is blocked or Facebook account temporarily locked for security reasons then you will get to know it when you are trying to log in to your account and constantly show a message saying that your account is disabled.
If you are not able to log in to your account and also not getting the message, then you can go through the below-mentioned login issues.
What can lead to disabling your account?
Your account disabling or blocking can be due to the reason that you might not be obeying the terms and conditions lead down by Facebook. Some of these common violations include:
- Posting the picture or content that does not follow Facebook conditions.
- Using fake information for making an account.
- Posting someone’s copyright content on your page or through your account.
- Continuous behavior that is again Facebook Community Standards.
- Reaching other people for harassment, promotion, advertisement, or other activities that are against Facebook terms.
Ways for Unblocking your Account
If your account facebook temporarily locked and you are not able to log in, try these methods mentioned below:
Try to Recover Your Locked Facebook Account
- Visit com/login/identify and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
- Make sure you are using only those computers or mobile or any other device from which you had previously accessed your Facebook account.
- Search the account that you want to recover. Accounts can be searched by typing Username, email address, and phone number which you use to access Facebook.
- After you got your account, follow the instructions on the screen to reset your account password.
Recover Your Account Using Yours Friend’s Account
If you think your account is temporarily locked you can recover it by using the following method:
- Select a friend’s account from which you can recover your account.
- Click three dots below the cover photo.
- Click on “Find Support or report file”.
- The options, tap “Something else”, then click on “Next”.
- Then, click on “Recover this account” and follow the proceeding steps.
Recovery by Resetting Password
In some cases, when you forgot your Facebook password and tried too many failed attempts to log in to your account, then Facebook temporarily locked your account. In that case, we can try resetting your accounts’ password when you are not logged in to Facebook by following these steps:
- First, visit the “Find your account page”.
- Type in your email address, a mobile number that is in use and you used it in Facebook, full name, and your Facebook Username.
- Then, tap on “Search”.
- Follow the instructions visible on the screen to change your password.
However, for security purposes, you will not be able to use the same mobile number that you used for authentication of your account while resetting your password. So I recommend you use a different mobile number or email address to reset your password if ever needed in the future.
Using Alternative Email or Phone Number
If you are not able to log in to your Facebook account or unlock your Facebook account with your current email address or phone number you can try logging in using an alternative email address or phone number listed on your Facebook account.
If you do not know your alternative email or phone number, follow the following steps to find out:
- Visit com/login/identify and follow the instructions visible on the screen.
- Only use those devices to log in that you had previously used for Facebook login.
- Reset your email account and password once you get into your account.
Trouble in finding account while recovering it
In the above-mentioned ways if you are not able to find your account during the recovery process, then following these steps will surely help you:
- Ask one of your trusted friends from Facebook whom you know personally so that you can rely on them to sends you the email and mobile phone number in the “Contact Information” section, by visiting your Facebook page.
- Try entering your email and phone number, it might have happened that you added your previously used email or phone number and forgot about it later.
- Enter your Username.
- Try entering the variations of your name, in case you forgot that you logged in using your nickname.
- Then enter your friend’s name and remember to type in their full names.